Wednesday 20 July 2011

Lost (or gained) In Translation

When I'm in Denmark with Karen I love to go through all the magazines and newspapers looking for collage material and text - for me the language is similar in many ways but also different enough to be completely absorbing. Because there are often English words amongst the Danish, it's like having part of the instruction manual. I get a sense of what is being said, but don't understand the whole story. Which of course is a lot like my work. In this case, I saw the title 'Mod Mad Momsen' - it conjured up images of a little crazy guy and so that is what I drew. Karen later told me that 'Mod Mad Momsen' means 'VAT on Food'. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I may not reply to them all but they do get read. Honest.